Saturday, October 6, 2012

Sunday Stamps #91

Oh boy it's been a busy week and I'm feeling a bit tired. That won't slow me down, not yet. Time for Sunday Stamps.


This week's theme: Civic or public architecture, especially bridges and other public works.  I had a stamp from China in mind when I proposed this theme.


I wish I knew where this bridge is, and its name.  There appears to be a large building in the distance.  Somehow I think in real life the bridge carries many more cars than are shown here!!!

Edited to add: This is the Hangzhou Bay Cross-Sea Bridge.  Thank you Postcardy for that information.
Below, a marine landscape with a mountain in the distance.

Join me this week with your own stamps of public architecture, interpreted broadly.

I have a page for this blog and my other blog on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl Like that page to have quick notice of when posts are up (and very little else).

Theme next week:  The folkways of various cultures.  folktales, food, costume, pottery, you name it.

Viridian

7 comments:

Postcardy said...

It is usually fairly easy to find the subject of recent stamps that have the year printed on the stamp like that. That is Hangzhou Bay Cross-Sea Bridge.

♥♥ Willa ♥♥ said...

I also posted a bridge from China today, but just like you,I have no idea about the name of it. :)

Ana said...

that is one impressive bridge, even on a stamp...I can only imagine how it looks in reality! lovely!

Joy said...

The Chinese seem fond of putting bridges on stamps but then they have some stunning ones.

Helen said...

Great theme this week, Viridian. So many ways this could be interpreted!

VioletSky said...

not sure what happened to to the linky...
but my post is up

Bob Scotney said...

I had some bridge stamps from different countries but as fine as yours from China.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails