Monday, April 20, 2009

Postcrossing week

This week I will be showing postcards I have received as part of my participation in Postcrossing. Above is a postcard from Poland.
From the website:

Postcrossing: "A project that allows anyone to receive postcards (real ones, not electronic) from random places in the world."
"The main idea is that: if you send a postcard, you will receive at least one back from a random Postcrosser from somewhere in the world.
Why? Because, like the author, there are lots of people who like to receive real mail. The element of surprise of receiving postcards from different places in the world (many of which you probably have never heard of) can turn your mailbox into a box of surprises - and who wouldn't like that? "

I have sent about 150 postcards, and have received about 140, from 42 different countries. I look forward to collecting the mail every day, for among the junk mail and bills there may be a postcard with a cheerful message on it for me.
The ones I send out tell a little about me, and something about world peace.

viridian

1 comment:

Marie Reed said...

I REALLY should join postcrossing too! Your post is inspiring me to do it:)'

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails